Google Ad Grants is a program for Nonprofits (NGOs) to advertise on Google. Any nonprofit that is not a school, hospital or healthcare facility, or government organization can apply for it if they have a:
- Certificate of registration under the Foreign Contribution Regulation Act (FCRA) and
- Society Registration Certificate or registered Trust Deed of Public Charitable Trust or certificate of registration under Section 25 of the Companies Act.
What does an NGO receive with Google Ad Grants?
- $10,000 ad budget per month
- Daily ad budget of $329
Why should an NGO use Google Ads?
NGOs don’t have a high budget for marketing and fundraising. Here, you are getting a FREE opportunity to take your cause to the world. With Google Ad Grants, you can:
- acquire new donors and volunteers,
- drive new users to the website,
- advocate for the cause, the NGO, and specific campaigns,
- reach a wide audience across the globe,
- reach audiences in multiple languages,
- sell products and services, and
- learn and experiment.
If you are eligible for Google Ad Grants, you MUST NOT waste the opportunity to spread the word about your organization and the cause it stands for.
How people search
Research has shown that 89% of customers begin their buying process with a search engine. The search can be about an NGO or a cause category, donation options, volunteering opportunities, information on a cause, and more. If your website is not ranking on the first page, the searcher doesn’t know you exist. This can be changed with Google Ads.
Google Ads appear at the top and bottom of the pages, and they grab attention. If you can present what you offer to the searcher in a way that matches their intent, you’ve got a connection. This connection can lead to a new donor, volunteer, supporter, or evangelist.
Do you need training for Google Ad Grants?
Google Ads aren’t as easy to use as Facebook ads. The platform is a little more technical and the options a little more complex. There are several video tutorials to train NGOs on using Google Ads, from Google and other experts. If you have the interest and a little tech-savviness, you can get started on your own.
However, in my experience, learning from an expert in a live training makes a real difference. Working on assignments, getting feedback, making corrections – that’s how you really learn the ropes. And you don’t just need to learn the platform, you also need to learn to develop a strategy and plan.
What does the Google Ad Grants Training cover?
In the 12-hour training, you will learn:
- What are Google Ads
- How are Google Ad Grants different?
- How can you register for a Google Ad Grants account in India?
- How to get started
- Developing a strategy and plan
- Understanding the account structure
- How to develop campaigns
- How to track and manage campaigns
- How to measure results
- Tips and tricks to improve performance
How will the training work?
The Google Ad Grants training will be conducted online on Google Meet or Zoom. Quizzes and assignments will be given for the students to learn the process and the campaign setup. (Students will need access to a Google Ad Grants account to practice and go live or a regular Google Ads account if only for practice.)
A certificate of completion will be provided on successful completion of assignments along with 100% attendance.
What is the training schedule?
To be decided with the organization.
How much does the training cost?
For teams: ₹1500 per person (min 8)
For individuals: Please join the online course.