When it comes to searching for digital marketing or social media marketing case studies from India, we often feel stumped. Not only are such stories hard to find, they’re also not presented well. In this post, I give you some of the best bloggers in India who’re covering these stories with depth and elan. And also, podcasters who talk about digital marketing, business strategies and entrepreneurship.
This topic has been covered by me on the Digital India Podcast for the FIR Podcast Network, as faculty at Web Marketing Academy. You can listen to it here.
Some of the best blogs on social media / digital marketing in India, about India
Here you go.
This publishing website is run by Prasant Naidu and his wife Vinaya. The blog has Insightful reviews, expert interviews, well-crafted case studies and a bunch of useful tips. From the website itself, the goal of LightHouseInsights is to:
- guide your social media presence and help you build lasting relationships with your consumers
- create awareness about the social media efforts undertaken by small and medium businesses as well as large ones
- make you part of a thriving social media community
- help you build your brand socially.
There’s content here for brands, agencies, and publishers. And a lot of information on data and platforms as well.
Social Samosa is all about thinking social. You get loads and loads of information here on Industry benchmarks (one of the few places for the Indian DM industry); Campaign and Tech Reviews; Big Data Insights; Platform Optimisation; Social Media Strategy; Reputation and Crisis Management; Influencer Campaigns; Social Media and Citizenry.
The team also facilitate custom made social media workshops, seminars and events.
They have expert authors on board such as Apurva Chamaria, Head of global brand and digital marketing for HCL Technologies; Brijesh Jacob, Member of the Creative Council, DDB Mudra Group and Joint Managing Director, 22feet Tribal Worldwide; Monica Bansal, digital marketing manager at Madura Fashion and Lifestyle and an Ex-Googler; and Tripti Lochan, CEO VML Qais, has been with VML Qais since 2005, and leading the agency as Chief Executive since early 2008, among others.
At Dazeinfo, you find articles on industry growth, companies’ performance, analysis, market research and projection. They cover news, case studies, research, and stories around mobile, entrepreneurship, internet and social media.
Launched by Prateek Shah, in October 2015, Digital Defynd serves as a hub for digital marketers. It’s a portal for getting marketing queries by communicating, contributing and collaborating digital marketing ideas. Lots of good stories to read here.
Campaign India magazine is a fortnightly title from Haymarket Media India Ltd. that focuses on the exploding advertising, media and marketing verticals in India. It started in 2007. It brings readers news on the latest developments, thought-provoking and timely analysis and informed debate on issues that confront practitioners in the country every 14 days.
Campaignindia.in is both a complimentary extension of the magazine and a standalone media platform in its own right, communicating up-to-the-minute news to readers and subscribers and carrying content specific and unique to the website. The site publishes interactive and user-generated content including videos, blogs, podcasts, polls and galleries, offering readers the opportunity to comment on, contribute to and debate over industry issues.
Another blog on digital marketing, this one has a good mix of digital marketing news, strategy, stories and reviews in their blog content.
The website covers Asia-Pac for Advertising, Media & Marketing professionals. It was established in 1999 to make the lives of professionals easier. You’ll find many case studies from afaqs! There are stories around Paytm’s marketing, the campaign #ChangetheRhyme. There are special reports on topics like Diversity Marketing, Consumer Endorsement, etc.
Check this website for award winning campaigns and brands in India. Did you know which agency won the award for Agency of the Year 2016? It’s Mindshare India. Other shortlisted campaigns under “Best Communication Strategy” category included:
- Ariel removed the stains of Social Inequality (SILVER WINNER)
- Dettol ignites ‘The Cleanliness Revolution’ in India
Stories of Togetherness (BRONZE WINNER) by Brooke Bond won in the Best Content Creation Award category.
Accenture is known to be a frontrunner. Its blog has a category called Digital Talk where there are discussions on becoming a digital organisation, building B2B customer experiences with digital, building confidence in the digital world and more.
Social Beat, a digital marketing agency, has a fairly good blog. You’ll find posts on latest trends in social media tools, the use of digital media in India, user experience, brand marketing, and much more. It’s worth checking out.
Web Marketing Academy (WMA)
WMA’s blog covers topics that are of interest to students interested in digital marketing as well as those in the digital marketing profession. You’ll find tips and tricks for digital marketing interviews, insights on industry trends, event notes, opinion, how-to stuff, and loads more from staff and students of the digital marketing academy.
Podcasts on digital marketing, business and entrepreneurship
Not all core marketing but related.
Digital India Podcast
One exclusive digital marketing podcast from India is from Web Marketing Academy – Digital India Podcast. (Disclosure: I am faculty here.) We have two flavors:
- Digital India Podcast that goes out on the FIR Podcast network. This show is usually hosted by me, Suresh, and Sejal. We cover topics close to how digital marketing has played out in India. Our goal is to help digital marketers in India skill up, know about the best resources, understand trends, and discover tips and best practices that will help them perform better in their respective marketing roles. Some of the recent episodes include Amp Up with Google Power Search, Learning from Corporate Digital Marketing Trainings, Storytelling or Brand Emotional Connect, Massive Scope for Chartered Accountants in Digital Marketing.
- The other is a more regional flavor, contributed mostly by the students at WMA. There are regular episodes in Malayalam by a WMA alumni Shahnawaz. He talks about a range of topics such as Affiliate Marketing, E-commerce, online marketing strategy and more. Other topics from students include The Responsibilities of a Social Media Manager, Essential Interview Tips for Content Marketers, and loads more. Get it all at http://www.digitalindiapodcast.com/.
DigiPodcast is a weekly Indian podcast on Digital Marketing, Advertising, Technology and Startups. They are on their 25th episode. I’ve heard some of the episodes and enjoyed them.
This show is run by Jai Aenugu. It’s an Indian version of the EO Fire podcast of John Lee Dumas. Similar to the original, Jai interviews entrepreneurs and asks them questions on how they started, the challenges they faced, their AHA moment, funding, failures and loads more.
I’ve listened to a few and found them informational. If you’re an entrepreneur, small business owner, startup enthusiast, this podcast can be the motivational dose you need every week. Some of the people who’ve been on the show are Shraddha Patil and Bhavesh Kothari, co-founders and Chief Mentors at The Mentorpreneurs; Amit Doshi, Founder and CEO at Indus Vox Media; Rohan Khara, co-founder at Jabbercast, and more.
There are quite a few shows for entrepreneurs – which kind of prove that podcasts are listened to in India. We have:
- India Startup Chat
- Rocking Entrepreneur
- FM on technology, entrepreneurial experiences, global IT and more by Kiruba Shankar
- The Indian Startup Show hosted by Neil Patel and friends. It’s a monthly show.
So there you have it. Do check out the list and you’re sure to find loads of value. If you know of an Indian blogger or podcaster who’s sharing his or her knowledge in the digital marketing space, do let me know and I’ll add it here.
Have a great day!